Tuesday, November 4, 2008

voting day

Discussion during community circle this morning...
(Preface: We have the "Who loves/hates God" discussion at least once a day... BIG deal in my class)


kid 1 (screaming over everyone else): I NEED TO TELL YOU THAT MY MOM SAYS ROCK OBAMA IS NOT A CHRISTIAN! HE HATES GOD!!

me: Ok... thank you. Shhh!

kid 2: Today's voting day! My mom's voting for John McCain because he has the Christian girl. She LOVES God.

kid 3: Yeah. My parents are voting for him too. I know we like John McCain cause he's Upublican.

me: Oh, you like John McCain because he's REpublican?

kid 3: Yeah. Upublican.

kid 4: I know a lot of people like Rock Obama because he's not as old.

me: Well, that's true. Some people do like BARACK Obama because he's younger than John McCain.

kid 5: I know why I like Rock Obama... It's because I'M Mexican!

kids (whispering to each other): What's Mexican? Do you know what that means?

kid 1: She likes Rock Obama, so Mexican must mean... SHE HATES GOD!


and this is why I will never equate loving God with supporting a specific candidate...

1 comment: